Loading

11 July 2008

Blaaze--The first Indian to be aired on VH1

So how many of you know about the man behind Rehman's rap section?? Well.. its the 'Lakshminarasimha Vijaya Rajagopala Seshadri Sharma Rajesh Raman' otherwise known as "Blaaze" --The Bunty aur Babli fame.The best Indian rapper who also incidentally becomes the first Indian to be aired on VH1 was born in Chennai and grew up in Zambia.

He is the lyricist of "Pray for me Brother" sung by Rehman and rapped by himself and he also rapped for Yuvan Shankar Raja , appeared in Boys, Rang De Basanti, Yuva, Vathiyaar, Vallavan, Shivaji, Boss and many more..

He has also sung a song called "Ban the crooked Police" (one of my favorite songs)[featuring: Lavanya] which is with his band Zambezi Funk (including Sagar Desai) based on his observations over the ever increasing crimes committed by the Indian police on normal people. He gives example of the Bilkis Bano rape during the gujarat riots, the Jessica Lall murder and the recent anti-reservation rallies in India which were not handled properly by the police. In one of the lines of the song he calls the police: Crooked, Rapist and Racist.

Most people think rap is all about `Yo Yo Yo.' To me Rap is `rhythm and poetry' and I try to spread a social message in a non-preachy way


Blaaze says he has reached where he is today with his parents' encouragement. His first stint in rapping happened during a presidential election campaign in Zambia where his father worked. "I wrote a poem about one of the candidates. My father, R.V. Raman, then took me to the television station and I rapped it out in front of the camera." The candidate won and it helped boost Blaaze's morale.

According to Blaaze, he always writes his own lyrics. "I think it's important especially for rap as you are saying what's in your head."

2 comments:

Anonymous,  July 17, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Hello, wanna exchange links with me? Kindly check my blog and tell me if you are interested. If you do, just add my blog in your blog roll and leave me a message with your URL and link. I will add you immediately once I receive your message. Thanks.

Anonymous,  July 17, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Hi.. I already added your link here. Thanks and hope to hear more from you again.

Post a Comment

Select your language

Edited by Youngistan and template from Dicas Blogger
2009 ©Youngistan | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer: Some contents in this blog are either obtained, discovered or found in the public domain and are intended for educational purposes only.We claim no credit for any visual contents, images, or videos unless otherwise noted. If you own rights to any of the contents featured and do not wish them to appear here, please contact us and they will be promptly removed.